Job and Career Resources
National security includes job security. As America develops more domestic energy, the industry will also need to fill the hundreds of thousands of new jobs that will be created. But many jobs are available now.
Below are resources which provide links to available jobs, educational resources and other tools to assist you in you in obtaining a job in the oil and natural gas industry. Many of the sites listed below are focused on assisting those who have served in the military.
- Veterans Energy Pipeline - The Veterans Energy Pipeline website was developed by the American Petroleum Institute to help facilitate employment of transitioning service members and veterans in the oil and natural gas industry.
- Oil & Gas Workforce - Oil & Gas Workforce is a resource that connects you with opportunities in the oil and natural gas industry. Use this portal to find the tools you need for your career and professional development. Site by American Petroleum Institute.
- Veterans to Energy - VeteransToEnergy is a job search portal site dedicated to helping U.S. military veterans find careers in the oil and natural gas industry. The site was developed by American Petroleum Insstitute.
- Vet Central - This is a veteran-specific portal from DirectEmployers Association, a nonprofit HR consortium of leading global employers formed to improve labor market efficiency through the sharing of best practices, research and the development of technology.
- Veterans in Piping (VIP) - The Veterans in Piping (VIP) program offers high-quality skills training and jobs in the pipe trades to US veterans and active duty military personnel preparing to leave the service.
- Helmets to Hardhats - Helmets to Hardhats is a national, nonprofit program that connects National Guard, Reserve, retired and transitioning active-duty military service members with skilled training and quality career opportunities in the construction industry.
- Feds Hire Vets - U.S. Office of Personnel Management’s Government-wide Veterans Employment Website. This website is a critical component of the Federal Government’s strategy for the recruitment and employment of Veterans.
- Save our Veterans - Save Our Veterans provides skills training, educational opportunities, and paths to employment and housing. Save Our Veterans has proudly SERVED hundreds of Veterans throughout the United States.
- Veterans Enterprise - We are dedicated to the employment, education, and advancement of America's proud servicemen and women. We aim to spread awareness of issues and opportunities concerning veterans through news and by connecting them with employers who recruit highly trained and motivated transitioning soldiers.